Chateau Blanc Cleaning and Sanitation Guidelines
Cuba has one of the lowest infection rates in the world of COVID 19 and one of the highest recovery rates from illness associated with the virus. Encouraging the population to wear masks, wash hands frequently, socially distance, as well as providing immune-boosting drugs, has helped achieve this remarkable result.
Chateau Blanc always puts the safety, security and comfort of our guests as our top priority. In light of the recent pandemic, we have further augmented our policies and procedures to incorporate the best practices from local, national and international health agencies. We respectfully ask that everyone respect and observe the rules for the benefit of all of our guests and staff. If you have any questions, concerns, or special needs, please feel free to speak with our on-premise management team.
- All Chateau Blanc Staff including servers, housekeeping, kitchen and reception, will wear cloth face masks and change them every four (4) hours.
- All staff will wear Chateau Blanc uniforms that are washed on the premises.
- Chateau Blanc will supply cleaning products so that staff should clean their personal items such as keys, mobile phones, eyeglasses, etc.
- We will continue to observe six (6) foot distancing recommendations (or as recommended by health departments) wherever possible in dining and common areas throughout the facility.
- Chateau Blanc personnel will wear gloves and masks during all cleaning and serving activities in guest rooms, kitchen, laundry, dining areas and common areas.
- Street clothes worn to work by staff will be placed in sealed plastic bags and stored away from work clothes.
- Increasing cleaning frequency in high contact areas.
- Sanitizer will be applied frequently to all equipment in common areas such as microwaves, coffee makers, etc.
- Chateau Blanc will provide disposable towels in restrooms and common areas.
- Daily ventilating of high use common areas.
- Use of safe and effective disinfectants including properly diluted concentrated bleach.
- Cleaning supplies will be cleaned and disinfected daily after use.
- Particular attention will be paid to cleaning of air conditioning units and daily changes of linens.
- Mini-bar service will be suspended to avoid additional forms of contact. Beverages are available in the bar and common areas.
- All furniture, floors, ceilings, mirrors and windows as well as decorative items will be cleaned daily.
- Upon arrival, guests and staff should observe safe distance indicators. Check in are required to wear masks and we strongly encourage guests to wear masks as well.
- When departing the facility, keys should be given to reception where they will be cleaned, sanitized and returned to guests upon arriving back at the facility.
- A disinfecting carpet will be placed at the entrance to the facility.
- A contactless thermometer will be available to check guests who feel unwell and have symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front desk and we strongly encourage its use.
- We will maintain a rotating schedule for all service staff in dining areas.
- Signs will be placed in the dining areas to remind staff and guests to wash hands before and after handling service equipment such as coffee machines, toasters, carafes, etc.
- We will eliminate the use of condiment containers that are often shared in favor of single use items. If unavailable in single use form, we will provide these upon request and ensure that the containers are cleaned after each use.
- Chateau Blanc will determine dining schedules and occupancy levels in accordance with social distancing rules.
- All tables will be cleared by our wait staff and disposable items placed in sealed plastic bags for disposal.
POSH Bar and Event Hall
- Events will be limited to the number of people consistent with social distancing rules.
- The event space will be aired out two (2) hours prior to the event commencement in accordance with current regulations.
- Chateau Blanc will limit the quantity of linens, decorative objects and other amenities to reduce the number of cleaning surfaces.
- Pillows and blankets will be encased in two covers.
- Hair dryers and other personal use equipment will be cleaned and disinfected when guests depart the room.
- Chateau Blanc will install waste receptacles with pedal-operated covers and double plastic bags.
- All Chateau Blanc vendors and outside service providers including guides, drivers, entertainment outlets, delivery, maintenance, etc. will be made aware of our procedures and asked to observe the same.
- Chateau Blanc will provide written documentation of our policies and procedures to guests and travel planners prior to confirming reservations.
- Chateau Blanc will assess the risk of sharing a room by guests who are not members of the same family. Non-registered guests will not be permitted to enter the premises without exclusive permission from Chateau Blanc management.
Pack for a Purpose/Community Assistance
At Chateau Blanc we value and appreciate the efforts of our guests to bring much needed aid to the local community. Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) we respectfully ask that all donations be sealed in the original packaging to ensure proper hygiene. Our staff will assist in unpacking and organizing all donations and clean and disinfect all items before delivering them to our locations.
We sincerely thank you for your patronage and we hope you have a pleasant stay.